Phosflow™ was developed with the U.S. EPA under a Cooperative Research and Development Agreement (CRADA), adsorbs phosphate from water upon contact. It is a simple process that is environmentally friendly. This pelletized product is made from naturally occurring and sustainable mineral materials. It is non-hazardous, insoluble in water and non-toxic to aquatic plants and wildlife.
It can be implemented as a filter media to remove phosphate from a variety of environmental matrices such as lakes, streams, drains and channels. It can also be used in wastewater effluents including municipal, industrial, and agricultural wastewaters.
Phosflow Pellets Data
Solving nutrient pollution.
It took a little bit of genius.
Phosflow™ Pellets require no capital or structural investment and can be accomplished at low cost, making this system viable for almost any company or community. If you’re responsible for keeping a body of water healthy and vital -- whether for consumption or recreation -- you owe it to yourself to learn more about Phosflow Pellets.
Our pellets are effective for agricultural runoff, wastewater and stormwater management, waterways restoration, and even aquaculture.
Phosflow Pellets require no capital or structural investment. They're affordable, reusable, and remarkably simple.
See How It Works:
Affordable, Simple, Effective
Phosflow™ is versatile and has been used in a variety of applications to capture excess phosphate from water. After collecting information on parameters such as volume of water, flowrate and phosphorus concentration, our team can recommend a solution to meet your water quality goals. When phosphorus in flowing water is the problem, Phosflow is the solution.
• Phosflow, a pelletized product, is made from naturally occurring and sustainable
• It is non-hazardous, insoluble in water and non-toxic to aquatic plants and wildlife.
• It can be implemented as a filter media to remove phosphate from a variety of environmental matrices such as lakes, streams, drains and channels.
• Phosflow can be packaged into a variety of vessels and chambers as well as water permeable containers such as boom netting, gabions, and filter baskets, depending on application.
• Phosflow has a high phosphate adsorption capacity (~ 81 mg/g), long service life and once saturated it can potentially be recycled as a soil amendment.
• It can also be used in wastewater effluents including municipal, industrial, and agricultural wastewaters.
Time in minutes
Sorption Capacity mg/g 81.2
LOD (0-250 C) wt% 4.32
LOI (250-1000 C) wt% 8.61
Bulk Density lb/ft^3 38.6
Porosity cc/g 0.37
Surface Area m^2/g 199
Abrasion Loss wt% 4.17
Crush Strength lbs/ft 18.0
Solid density: 771.54 g/L (= 48.17 lb/ft3)
Color: Off white
Particle size range: 2.3 mm-6.3mm
Hardness for attrition: 105 N (stdev 59 N)
Composition chemical analysis: Proprietary
The salinity of the water has no effect on Phosflow Pellets ability to adsorb Phosphate.
PET secures exclusive global distribution rights for patented phosphorus absorbing pellets
Phoslock Environmental Technologies (ASX:PET) has entered into an agreement with US based Water Warriors Inc. to distribute a patented product that has been proven to be effective in the removal of phosphorus and ammonia from freshwater sources including stormwater, agricultural runoff and municipal waste water. As a solution to addressing flowable water remediation issues, the product is highly complementary to PET’s own patented technology.
The distribution rights granted to PET are exclusive and cover global markets including Europe, USA, Canada, South America, China, Australia and New Zealand.